Websites deliver increased revenue from digital advertising in first year
In 2016, the American Diabetes Association (ADA) decided to undertake a holistic redesign of their content platform after years of making incremental changes on HighWire’s H20 platform. The Association wanted to give advertisers the view-ability they required, provide a streamlined, simple reader experience, and respond to the increasing demand for access on mobile and tablet devices.
ADA continued to partner with HighWire, a relationship that began in 2001, to convert their four journals to HighWire’s new JCORE platform. In less than five months, the new journal sites launched with increased viewability options for advertisers, a responsive design to support mobile readers, and ready-to-use web page designs that ADA could customize to meet strategic goals.
- Responsive, customized design supported image and article carousels for more dynamic content features. Self-service content administration enabled more frequent, flexible approach to selecting featured content.
- Webpage design provided more advertising positions with better viewability, following the recommendations of ADA’s digital ad agency.
- HighWire’s project management tools supported fast delivery. Mock-up designs and requirement documents were helpful to inform stakeholders and to stay focused on important goals for readers.
- A short, daily phone call between the HighWire Project Manager and ADA project owner kept this fast-moving project efficient and focused.
- The ADA project lead was the Director of Publications, an empowered decision maker. She was supported by one team member for part of the project.
- HighWire’s team included a Senior Project Manager and a Senior Account Manager who communicated regularly with each other as well as with the stakeholders at ADA.
Our new design delivers an elegant reader experience, makes it easier to find important content, and has resulted in increased advertising revenue.
Christian Kohler, Associate Publisher, Scholarly Publishing, American Diabetes Association
- Increased advertising revenue in the first six months helped offset the costs of developing and launching the new sites.
- Clean, elegant platform with a better user experience, supported by editorial board.
- Immediate control of and more ways to feature content to support authors, editors, and program goals.
Browse the American Diabetes Association journal websites at www.diabetesjournals.org.
HighWire Hosting – create the best digital publications and reach the most people