Location : NOIDA, India
You will work as part of a senior project team to provide data analytics solutions to the business and end customers. Our platform displays data visualizations, statistics, and tabular data to end users via a dedicated Tableau Server instance that you will help configure, administer, and monitor. Working with Product Managers, developers, and other internal stakeholders, you will design new visualizations in Tableau Desktop and add new features and enhancements to our existing offering. Our architecture uses various Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) pipelines to prepare data from many sources for consumption in the front end. You will help to analyze data running through these pipelines, add new features, and diagnose bugs when things go wrong.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Build backend support systems and solutions in Tableau and related technologies
- Develop UI using Python
- Working with Operations, make recommendations for monitoring, backups, configuration, and general administration of Tableau Server.
- Apply updates to Tableau Server as they are released, while verifying existing workbook features stay up to date and functional as new versions of Tableau Desktop are released.
- Serve as an escalation point for complex support issues as needed. This may involve querying databases, checking data in external sources, and tracing data provenance to determine the root cause of reported problems.
- Write code to transform data and store it in our database using Python.
- Develop data processing pipelines that ingest data through RESTful queries to both external and internal services.
- Parse and transform data inputs exported from other sources in CSV or TSV format.
- BTech in computer science or a related field or equivalent work experience required
- 7+ years of experience in Data Analytics with minimum 3+ years of strong experience in with Tableau
- Good knowledge in NOSQL, Cassandra database and containerized application
- Good ability to translate business requirements to detailed technical solutions
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding and demanding multi-national customer base.
- Good attention to details
- Ability to work independently, plan and prioritise work items for self and team.
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of computer fundamentals, and data structures
- Good team player with exceptional client interaction skills
PS: The interviewer and/or the supervisor will discuss all elements of the role-brief with the post-holder, and it is recognized that the responsibilities associated with the role may change over time in alignment with the business need. The information contained within this role brief is provided for guidance, is not contractual, and is not an exhaustive list of all accountabilities that the post-holder may have.
Latest news and blog articles
Trendspotting: ‘Proxy’ Peer Review to Referee Preprints