The Product Manager is responsible for both product planning and product marketing. This includes managing the product throughout the Product Lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, to deliver winning products. It also includes working with sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
· Assist the Product Director and other product managers in defining the product vision.
· Serve as a product expert, product evangelist, and the voice of the customer, ensuring that every team member keeps the product vision in mind as development progresses.
· Assist the Product Director and other product managers in developing and maintaining the product roadmap, evolving features according to customer insight and feedback.
· Elaborate features into user stories with a clear statement of the user benefits, the user journey and with clear acceptance criteria.
· Work with the technical leadership and development team, ensuring that stories are technically sound and adhere to best practices and technical guidelines.
· Contribute to the agile ceremonies alongside the team, and educate stakeholders in the benefits of lean development.
· Work closely with team members onshore and offshore, actively improving communication and development practices.
· Define, document and manage the product backlog Epics, Features and Stories.
· Analyze metrics to understand customer and product performance.
· Develop and use appropriate KPIs to drive the development of the product.
Requirements and Key Qualifications
· Ability to work very closely with key stakeholders to manage and shape their product needs.
· Ability to collaborate with marketing, design and UX to design solutions.
· Passion for understanding and championing the business, customer and user needs.
· Ability to translate high-level requirements into epics and user stories with appropriate level of acceptance criteria and test scenarios.
· Comfort working closely with developers and test automation engineers, being available to answer questions and provide clarity whenever necessary.
· Confidence in leading sprint review meetings, demonstrating features and taking feedback from stakeholders.
· Ability to be a strong advocate for customers, internal users and the business for the development team.
· Ability to produce and maintain any relevant product definition documentation
· Knowledge of the scholarly publishing process including research journals, academic books, and educational content is a plus.
Location: Noida, India
Experience: 5+ years in technology product management